Applicants can apply for this position by visiting southerntide.com/careers.
The Sales Associate has responsibility for assisting with the daily sales of the Southern Tide retail store. Our Sales Associates are expected to provide exceptional customer experience that will drive sales and to embrace the Southern Tide brand.
OUR SALES ASSOCIATES MUST:
- Understand the overall concept of Southern Tide, including the lifestyle, the customer, the merchandise, etc.
- Create an exceptional in store experience consistent with company culture. Build and cultivate effective relationships with the customer
- Commit to deliver an optimistic, high energy, team oriented and sunny store atmosphere
- Learn, reference, and share current product knowledge with customers; providing prompt recommendations and professional service to enhance their shopping experience (e.g. fit, fashion wardrobe advice and suggestions for additional items)
- Actively participate in all store-related meetings, working towards exceeding sales and service performance goals set by store management
- Maintain high standards of the store appearance
- Provide ideas to grow and improve the business
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory
- High School diploma or GED
- Genuine optimistic approach to customer service
- Have a “get things done” mindset
- A natural collaborator who can identify opportunities and take initiative
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required – frequently
- Climbing ladders – occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Southern Tide is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.