We are seeking a go-getter to crush goals and daily duties as a Sales Associate in our Chubbies Retail location at Grand Boulevard.
Simply put, the Chubbies Sales Associate position is responsible for providing the raddest shopping experience for our one-of-a-kind customers. Your position will be vital to the success of that experience, by upholding company standards, treating each customer as a friend, and hitting an aggressive set of sales goals. Chubbies is a lifestyle brand that prides itself on delivering the ultimate Weekend shopping experience unlike any other out there.
YOU MIGHT BE OUR NEXT SALES ASSOCIATE IF:
You’re instinctively drawn to environments that require bold entrepreneurship. You believe in the power of exceptional customer service, organization, resourcefulness, a willingness to learn and improve, and fun. You understand the importance of staying busy and working with a sense of urgency, striving to exceed goals, and have the know how to back it up and deliver. You have experience in customer service and live The Weekend.
You’ll be dedicated to completing tasks, hitting your goals, and getting to know all of our customers. We will equip you with the tools needed to get the job done, but expect you to bring your ‘A’ game and an entrepreneurial spirit to the sales associate position to exceed expectations.
While day-to-day guideline will be provided, we are looking for a true self-starter who will take initiative and be a jack of all trades when on the clock.
Experience: We like to deliver the ultimate Weekend experience 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We want to make sure every person who enters our doors is blown away with how radical our shop is, how friendly our guys and gals are, and how downright revolutionary our products are.
Inventory: You will be responsible for ensuring all product is tagged, filled, and merchandised on to the floor according to the launch flow.
Merchandising: We want our visual story to be exciting, compelling, and downright radical. We provide guidance, but expect you to ensure it is upheld.
Appearance: Keep it clean, or be prepared for mean… just kidding, but we do run a tight ship and expect you to do the same.
Goals & Targets: Goals and targets are extremely obtainable when all of our other boxes are checked and we are all consistent and aligned in our efforts as a team.
Culture: We live and breathe The Weekend and flirt a fine line between work and play. We like to say we play hard, but work harder and we need you to be able to do the same. You will ensure that each customer is receiving the best, friendliest, interaction and experience. Our customers are our friends.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you might have done last week:
- Checked in with the store team and HQ to be sure you are well versed on what’s going on.
- Talked to customers and found out where they are from and how they heard about Chubbies.
- Had one-on-one training with your manager and teammates on customer service and best practices for customer interactions.
- Processed shipment and restocked the sales floor.
- Reported back to HQ on sales and feedback.
- Restocked items sold and check out supplies.
- Organized the stock room ensuring all sku’s are in order, separate, labeled and easy to locate and that all styles are represented on the sales floor with a full selection of sizes and styles.
- Kept a spotless sales floor, check out area, and stock room.
- Performed ad-hoc tasks as needed to keep everything running smooth.
- Okay, that was a lot (but we want to really stress the workload and expectation) so you get the idea.
At a Minimum We Expect:
- Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store.
- Give accurate and current information about product and new releases.
- Craft inventive ways to increase foot traffic in the store.
- Increase the customer base by capturing new customers.
- Understand the Chubbies Core Values and use this philosophy in all customer interaction.
- Check communication channels and updates daily.
- Perform restocking and house-keeping maintenance daily.
- Perform merchandising duties: folding, hanging, and displaying product according to Chubbies standards daily.
- Out of this world customer service and sales skills.
- Previous retail or related customer service experience.
- Accuracy with cash handling, POS software, and register use.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with team.
- A love for the brand is a MUST.
All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs, and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Chubbies reserves the right to make amendments to the schedule and/ or availability requirements from time to time and at its sole discretion.
All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and during peak season, to be defined each year based in part on the holiday season, and high sales season, and to be adjusted each year based on the calendar and expected sales.
Applicants must be able to lift and move boxes of 5-30 pounds, and stand for several hours.
Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age. High school diploma or GED preferred.
STOKED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, if your qualifications match what we are lookin’ for, we will be in touch.